Sunday, November 30, 2008

YES!! We have a cat...KITTEN!
















Yes it's true although it sounds crazy we do now own a cat! If you know us well you know how crazy this sounds. Well, there is not much I can say. A wise man (my husband) once told me pick your battles. I was out number 3-1. A family from church arrived with some kittens on a Sunday morning wanting to find them good homes. Well needless to say our kids were so excited to see baby kitties....there was a small crowd of children surrounding the box of kittens. So Brandon goes up to see what the commotion is about and then asks me...want to take one home? UH...WHAT, US?- I said. "Yeah, the kids would love it, it would stay out side and I wanted to have a outdoor "rater"cat to eat the bugs and mice." Thinking like a mother all I could think of is more work for me and I am not a huge fan of cats....."um, I don't think so honey.." Brandon talked me into it, saying "it won't be much work...it will be out doors." So we came home with a little kitten! Later that night we had to give it a bath because it got a mouse sticky trap stuck to its butt & tail. I looked at Brandon and said "bath"....while giving it a bath we had to pick of fleas! I believe that was the moment i will never forget. Brandon cracking sarcastic joke about how this cat will be "no work" as we pick off fleas, pulling sticky trap glue off its tail & giving it a bath the first night we had it home!....We both laughed so hard we cried. We needed that moment together, because it had been a stressful week getting into our new house, trying to pack, move & paint. Laughter is such a key to our marriage-and more often it is Brandon making me laugh. I love my husband!






























No comments: